Skip to main content

Health Nut

So I've been a real health nut lately. I once craved chocolate cakes and pies but now, I crave vegetables and cherry tomatoes. Yep...

Salads. Lots of salads. 



I have gigantic salads 1-2 times per week in order to use up leftover fresh vegetables and fruits in the fridge before they go bad. Here's one with leafy green lettuce, carrots, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, navel oranges, black plums, apple slices, walnuts, gouda cheese, and also baybel cheese.


Seriously. The salads are up to 500-600 calories each! I love them... especially with juicy fruits. I've learned that to make spinach and greens less "dry," you just need to add fruits to them, especially fruits with high water content! No salad dressing needed. :) Here's one with lots of black plums from my backyard tree. 

Now what is this??


Ever tried a wrap made out of nori, lettuce, red bell pepper and carrots? Extremely high in nutrients and they are so yummy! I eat it with a dip of 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp of mustard,1/2 tbsp of miso paste, and 1 tbsp of water to dilute the mixture. Oh my... I know, it's strange. But I like it. :)


Now this is definitely an obsession recently. It's Chia seed pudding! Very filling and yum!

For one serving: 
1/2 cup of soy milk
3 oz Greek Yogurt (I use Fage 2%)
1 Tbsp Chia seeds
1 tsp of honey or more, however sweet you want it!

Combine and let sit overnight for breakfast the next day. :))

Toppings: Any fruits with high water content; mixed with some honey. My favorites are strawberries and black plums! I also like dried dates. I'd imagine blueberries, walnuts, and coconut flakes would taste pretty good with this too!


Comments