Skip to main content

The Salmon Ball

My first blog about my daily Bento~ Enjoy!!


Proteins: Salmon Balls, Spicy Tuna Mayo, Kimchi Clam Stir-fry, Tamagoyaki wrapped in nori.
Vegetables: Steamed Cauliflower, Broccoli, Sugar Snap Peas, Cherry Tomato, Soybeans, Simmered Kabocha, Roasted nori/furikake seasoning.
Rice: Short grain, white.

My view is, health first starts with what you feed yourself. That's why I aim to make my lunches the most enjoyable, colorful, fresh, appetizing to the eyes, yummy to the taste buds as I can! 

That being said, what is the salmon ball? 

Take a piece of raw salmon fillet and chop it up into tiny pieces. Add a raw egg and panko bread crumbs until the mixture holds together well. Finally, add your choice of seasonings (ie. salt, pepper, herbs, etc). Shape into tiny round balls and like a baseball, throw one ball at a time between your left and right hand repeatedly to get the air out. Brush the balls with oil and pan fry on medium-high heat, covered, flipping occasionally until it gets golden brown on all sides. YUM.

Comments